My photo
I'm a Singaporean. The purpose for all my blogs is to share my life experiences in Singapore.

My Lessons on Investment

What are Shares, Unit Trust and ETF?
See which investment instrument is suitable for you.
What are Preference Shares?
It is different from the common shares.
How to invest using your CPF saving?
Enhancing your retirement saving
How to invest regularly if you do not have a lot of saving?
You still can invest if you can save $100 per month
How to buy gold in Singapore?
Different ways of investing in Gold.
My Investment Strategy
Having a winning strategy is important
Be a investor or a trader?
Reasons on why I want to be a investor rather than a trader
Peace of mind after buying shares?
Reasons on sleepless night after buying shares
Things to avoid in stock market.
Don't attempt to try these even you are an expert
My favorite quotes from Warren Buffett
Very meaningful and useful investment quotes
Buying stocks based on price and value
This is the method I use when buying stocks
Investor, Traders and Speculators Charts
Charts are affected by different players in the markets
My Quotes/Rules of Investment
My own investment rules and quotes
The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs
Protect them at all costs
Dealing with Market Randomness
Reasons on why market direction cannot be predicted
Who can be trusted in the market?
Beware of people who give you tips
Why I am not afraid of losing money in my investment?
Know your own limits and rules of the game.

My Market Analysis

STI Index
Comparison between 1998-2000 and 2008-2000
STI Index movement
Prediction from Oct 2009 to 2011
GOLD VS SGD Chart
Reason Why Gold might be a good investment
EUR/USD 10 years chart
Will it go up or down?
Taiji Symbol VS S&P 500
S&P 500 25 years chart
True value of S&P 500
Based on dollar index from 1988 to 2009
US Dollar Index
Using Taiji to Analyse
S&P(2007 to 2009) VS NIKKEI (1990 to 1992)
Is there any similarity?

Followers

Total Pageviews

My Mobile URL
Surfing with a mobile device?
Take note of my URL below winksite.mobi/SGFinance/Portfolio

Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Stock and ETF Choices

I will only be interested in buying the following for long term:
1) DBS
2) Singtel
3) SMRT
4) Singpost
5) SPH
6) SuntecReit
7) Cambridge
8) STI ETF (this is ETF which track STI index)

If you are a Singaporean, which company from (1) to (6) you are unsure of? Even you ask a primary school kids, he or she can roughly tell you how these companies make their money. I will only buy company that I know and understand what they are doing.

They may not be the best performance stock but I consider them as very safe stocks/ETFs in my opinion. I choose them is because they give regular dividend and they give me a peace of mind after buying them for long term.

The reason why I include STI ETF is because only 35% of the investable OA CPF money can be use to invest in stock. I will use the rest of the investable OA CPF money to buy STI ETF. I don't buy Unit Trust as they seldom or never give out dividends, and also their management fee and sale charge are quite high in my opinion. STI ETF in the past has been giving good dividend in my opinion.

4 comments:

Gaudente said...

"The reason why I include STI ETF is because only 35% of the investable OA CPF money can be use to invest in stock. I will use the rest of the investable OA CPF money to buy STI ETF"

What a laugh ! Your gov prohibits you to invest more than 35% in stocks yet you can invest the remaining 65% in an ETF 100% stocks related !

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi Gaudente,

It seems that you are not very sure about CPF OA investment. 35% is the maximum you can use for stocks. The remaining 65% of the CPF OA minus away $20000, you still can use it for selected ETFs and Unit Trusts. You may want to double check in the CPF website.

Regards,
Freedom Achiever

Mavi19 said...

Hi,

May I know how to use may CPF to invest. I never tried this before & I should say no experience at all but I am interested & I also want financial freedom.

Thank You

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi Mavi19,

You may use my following blog link on cpf investment.

http://myinvestmentportfolioinsingapore.blogspot.sg/2009/12/how-to-invest-using-your-cpf-saving.html

Regards,
Freedom Achiever